Monday, October 28, 2013

Egg Tarts

n months ago, I read about the Hei Ma Ma egg tarts in many blogs. Many bloggers have tried and gave positive feedback. Of course this encouraged me to make it myself but that only happened n months later.

I got the recipe from Small Small Baker. The pastry shell is flaky and buttery and the filling is smooth and wobbly. But there is something to take note of if I were to bake this the next time. For my first batch (the oven is at 160 - 170 deg C), the tarts came out picture perfect, smooth and glossy surface. For my second batch, (the oven warmed up to 180 -190 deg C),the filling souffled in the oven and sank immediately it came out. The surface is wrinkled but the texture is not affected. Lesson learnt, I must monitor the oven temperature closely the next time I bake egg tarts.

No comments: