Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chocolate Sponge Cake

I found out this video from Kitchen Corner. After which, I saw this recipe in many other blogs. Since there is a video to guide me the steps to make a sponge cake, I decided to try it. I charged my laptop the night before. The next day, I bought my laptop to my kitchen and play the video. I paused and played and paused and played... till the cake is ready to be sent into the preheated oven. I prayed hard that it will rise and stay spongy just like what others did.


The cake did rose beautifully. My only mistake is forgetting to line the springform pan with parchment paper at the bottom. It got badly stuck to the base. I used a plate to invert the cake and the beautiful top got stuck to the plate as well, resulting in a botak cake. Nonetheless, the cake is spongy and moist even though I did not add in glucose. I will recommend all the beginners in cake making to try this recipe. I love this Taiwanese auntie's cooking show. She is so cute. I went to youtube to search for more of her video and saved them. Wish to try the rest of the cakes.


No comments: